Blog for 29th of December.
This time of year makes me maudlin. So, to prevent me from becoming sloppy, to entertain you too, and hopefully make you smile I thought I’d share some of the things that have made me smile this year.
· The birth of my niece.
· My car passing the MOT test last February. (That’s a UK road worthy test, and you can’t drive your car legally unless it passes that test.)
· The sound of the snow sliding off the roof as the winter finally gave way to spring.
· The development of hand transplant surgery to bring hope to people.
· The conversation I had with a retired miner who lives close by me.
· Meeting with two friends I have known since I was 11 and seeing them so well.
· Watching the ducks skating on the ice.
· The discovery of the tomb of the lost King Richard III.
· The first daffodils this year.
· My dear friend recovering from breast cancer. That made me smile for days.
· My son getting engaged.
· Taking the photo above so I could share the beauty of the place I live with a dear friend.
· Being able to walk up the hill from the pub.
· My other son returning safe from climbing in Austria. He’ll make me smile more if he lets me share some of the amazing photos he took.
· Making some special new friends, two of whom were generous enough to help me in more ways than they knew.
· My visit to the Pembrokeshire coast where I heard the sound of the sea.
· Having two books published. Sorry, I can’t help but add them as it’s always such a thrill to have a new book out.
· Seeing the asteroid shower in the sky over the Shropshire hills.
· Hearing my very young nephew counting to 100.
· The smell of WD40 which always reminds me of my Dad.
· Listening to music.
· Being able to fine slice an onion again now my fingers are improving.
I’ve looked at this list and wondered. I must have missed some things off. Perhaps next year I’ll keep a smile or laugh book so I recall more. I hope my list made you smile once or twice and let you recall some of your smiles and laughs from last year. Let me know a smile you remember and you could win a copy of Your Heart My Soul, a supernatural story that I know will make you smile.