Twelve Days of Movie Romance
So, here it is: Kimber Vale’s Twelve Days of Favorite Romance Couples (in no particular order and not a final or limited list). In other words, if you’re looking for a movie to watch, you love a good romance, and you haven’t watched one or more of these, well then here are my recommendations! Some are more popular than others, but I tried not to pick only same-old-same-olds. Of course, a lot of them simply couldn’t be avoided. 🙂
1. Scarlet and Rhett in Gone With the Wind
2. Alabama and Clarence in True Romance
3. Billy and Madolyn in The Departed
4. Guinevere and King Arthur of Camelot (Vanessa Redgrave and Richard Harris’ version circa 1967. Notice I didn’t say Guin and Lance)
5. Mac and Jo Ann of Tequila Sunrise
6. Valmont and Madame de Tourvel in Dangerous Liaisons (1986)
8. Tristan and Susannah in Legends of the Fall
9. Nathaniel and Cora in Last of the Mohicans
10. Ennis and Jack of Brokeback Mountain
11. Seth and Maggie of City of Angels
12. Jack and Jackie from The Jacket
There you have it—twelve movies with (bitter) sweet romance! They may not all be happy endings, but a tragic love story is sometimes the best, in my opinion. Happy holidays and may your days be merry, bright, and rife with romance!
Oh, and to celebrate the spirit of giving, I’m offering up a free e-book for one lucky commenter. Leave your name and email address, and tell me whether you’d prefer my M/F sci-fi romance Star Catcher or my M/M rock star romance Forever is Now. If you’ve read both already, A) I love you, and B) I will offer you another backlist book of your choosing.
Thanks for playing!
Come for the sex. Stay for the story.
Star Catcher— http://www.lsbooks.com/star-catcher-p799.php
Forever is Now— http://www.lsbooks.com/forever-is-now-p827.php
Kimber Vale on Amazon– http://www.amazon.com/Kimber-Vale/e/B006HMAY06/ref=sr_tc_2_0?qid=1385993020&sr=1-2-ent